APPETIZERS, SIDES, SOUPS & SALADS
JAMACIAN GRILLED CHICKEN WINGS
Jerk marinade (your favorite) 3 cups
Garlic, chopped 3 Tbsp
Thyme, fresh chopped 1 Tbsp
Allspice, ground 1 tsp
Water 1 cup
Scallions, sliced 1/8" 4 Tbsp
Chicken Wings whole, thawed 5 pounds
Jerk Seasoning Dry* as needed
Add the jerk marinade, garlic, thyme, allspice, water, and scallions in a large bowl and mix well using a whip to evenly combine the ingredients. Add the chicken wings to the marinade, cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator on the bottom shelf.
- Make sure the chicken wings are fully thawed this helps the chicken to fully absorb the marinade.
- Marinate the chicken wings for 18 to 24 hours before cooking. The longer the marinating time, the more flavorful the wings will become.
After marinating is complete, remove the wings from the marinade and place in a clean bowl. Lightly season the wings with the dry jerk seasoning and lay on a sheet pan with the wing tips face down. Bake the wings at 350ºF for 20 - 25 minutes or until fully cooked. Remove from the oven and place in the refrigerator to chill to 40ºF.
- Make sure the wings are drained well after being removed from the marinade or the seasoning will not fully adhere to the wings.
- The wings are cooked with the wing tips face down, to allow more even cooking and removal of excess fat from the chicken skin.
- By pre-cooking the wings this prevents flare-ups on the grill during the final grilling procedure
Heat your gas or charcoal grill to medium heat. Place the chilled wings on the grill and grill for 2 ½ - 3 minutes on each side. The skin of the wings should develop a crisp texture and a mahogany like color. Make sure the wings are fully heated to 165ºF.
- Wings can also be placed on the grill directly from the oven to express the cooking process.
- Allspice or pimento leaves can be placed on the grill during the grilling process to give the wings a light smoked flavor.
Serve hot with your favorite beverage. Enjoy!!!