APPETIZERS, SIDES, SOUPS & SALADS
BLACK BEAN SOUP
4 cans (15 oz. each) Black Beans
3 slices, rough chopped Bacon, Sliced
1 tbsp. Olive Oil
1 bottle (12 oz.) Beer
½ cup Water
1 tbsp. Sherry, Dry
¾ cup Onions, diced
½ cup Green peppers, diced
2 tbsp. Garlic
¼ tsp. Ground Cumin
2 tsp. Tabasco sauce
To Taste Adobo seasoning, salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a pot on medium heat.
- Add the chopped bacon and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the peppers, onions and garlic. Sauté for approximately 2 minutes.
- Add the beer and Tabasco sauce, and bring to a boil.
- Add 3 cans of beans with their juice and bring back to a boil.
- Using a hand held kitchen blender, puree the soup until smooth.
- Add the remaining 1 can of beans and bring back to a boil.
- Add the Sherry wine, and season to taste with Adobo seasoning or salt and pepper.
- Serve hot with sour cream or steamed rice.