PAN SEARED FISH WITH CUCUMBER JALAPENO SLAW, SWEET POTATO MASH AND ASPARAGUS
1 Tbs. olive oil
4 Tbs. Reduced Balsamic Drizzle
2 cups Sweet Potato Mash (recipe below)
12 Asparagus spears, cooked
1/3 cup Cucumber Jalapeno Slaw (recipe below)
4 Fresh Cilantro sprigs
1 lemon, thinly sliced
1 lime, thinly sliced
2 Tbs. chopped chives
- Heat oil in nonstick pan to high heat. Season fish with Creole seasoning blend and place in hot sauté pan cooking for 2-3 minutes until it has a seared color. Flip the fish over and finish cooking until done or until at 145 degrees.
- Make 5-6 zig-zags with the reduced balsamic drizzle on each of four plates. Place the hot sweet potato mash in the center of plate and place 3 spears of asparagus radiating out from mash to the side. Place the fish on top of the sweet potatoes, top the fish with the cucumber-jalapeno slaw, and lay a cilantro sprig atop the slaw.
- Garnish each plate with a lemon and lime slice and sprinkle with chopped chives.
* Gently heat balsamic vinegar in pot, reducing to 1/6th of original volume; funnel into a squeeze bottle. Refrigerate.
Sweet Potato Mash
2 quarts water, hot
1 Tbs. salt
4 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled, 2" dice
¾ cup milk
2 oz butter, ½" dice
¼ tsp white pepper
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp. kosher salt
¼ cup brown sugar
- Place the peeled and diced sweet potatoes in a 6 quart pot. Add hot water and salt, then place the stockpot on the stove over medium heat. Bring to a boil and cook for 35 minutes or until an inserted fork in the sweet potatoes pierce easily.
- Heat the milk, butter, white pepper and cinnamon in a small stockpot until warm, then set aside for step 3.
- Drain the water from the sweet potatoes and transfer them into a mixing bowl. Using a wire whisk, mash until sweet potatoes are broken up. Add the warm seasoned milk and spices, mix again until the sweet potatoes are smooth - being careful not to over mix. If needed, season with additional salt to taste. Garnish with chopped parsley. Enjoy!
Cucumber Jalapeno Slaw
1 lb. salad cucumbers, peeled, seeded and sliced
1 Red Pepper, sliced
1 Yellow Pepper, sliced
2 Jalapeno Peppers, seeded and cored, cut into 1/8 " rings
1 small Red Onion, sliced and separated into rings
½ cup Rice Vinegar
1 Tbs. Extra virgin olive oil
¼ tsp. Kosher salt
½ tsp. Creole Seasoning
¼ tsp. Cumin, fresh ground
½ oz. Fresh Cilantro, chopped
½ tsp. Habanero or favorite Hot Sauce
- Place the sliced cucumbers, red and yellow bell peppers, jalapeno and red onions in a stainless mixing bowl.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a small mixing bowl and mix with a wire whip until evenly blended. Pour the vinaigrette over the vegetables and toss until evenly blended. Adjust seasoning with additional kosher salt, if desired.
- Chill for at least 4 hours before using.